Monday, October 10, 2011

Pictures

This weekend I started looking through the pictures from the last year, somewhere in there has to be a picture I can use for a Christmas card right. I know Christmas talk already, but if I am going to get a picture, order the cards and get them out in the first weeks of December some serious planning needs to occur.  I noticed something though in the pictures I had, I didn't have that many. There used to be a time the kids would put on a hat and I would grab the camera, not so much now.  I still take pictures and enjoy the pictures I take, but with the business of life I don't scrapbook as much as I used to and our camera is older, so I just don't take as many pictures. I have also realized I so enjoy being in the moment with the kids, that I don't always remember to take out my camera.  The question now is, what do I do about our Christmas card then, is there a picture or pictures that will work? Do I put the kids in some cute clothes, drag them to the mall and put them in room and just let the photo place do the rest? The other option is to take them out to one of the amazing parks in town to get some good shots on out own. This method has worked in the past, but there are so many other people out at the same time it is almost worse than a photo studio.

I love fall and I always seem to take a lot more pictures in the fall, this is probably the chief reason I start hunting pictures this time of year.  I have read all the ways you are suppose to get kids to smile and work with the natural light, and blah blah blah, but really if my two are looking my direction I am going for it.  Chicken and bean can be really accommodating for pictures and generally I can get a few good shots out of 10, but they are never enthused to go take pictures in the leaves.   We tried once with the dogs and that was almost an animal planet special on how to take out the kids the dogs were so unruly.  Most of our family lives far away so I know the pictures are appreciate, I just want to show a great picture and have it not be like everyone else.  I never know quite what to do with Christmas cards and leaving myself plenty of time to think about it always seems good. Until it is well into November, I have no ideas and I need something.

Who know what will come picture wise in the next weeks that will save me. Right now I am thinking of dressing them up and dragging them to the park.  Maybe a Christmas camera would make it all better.  How do you set up and decide on your Christmas cards and holiday pictures?  

When I think about these things I always think about how the food networks and crafts shows shooting all the holiday stuff in the summer and imagine someone with a professional photographer in their house 4th of July weekend in thick holiday sweaters. 

The pictures shown today are the current front runners right now, but I can't think of a cute saying to go with them yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment